Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Monday, May 2, 2011

Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.IXc Tam#60319

The product I am reviewing is by far the most detailed model aircraft, out of the box, I have had the pleasure to build. Tamiya's 1/32 Spitfire Mk.IXc is based on the most iconic aircraft of the British Royal Air Force. Tamiya also has a Mk.VIII and Mk.XVIe variant available. I chose the Mk.IX because it resembles the aircraft flown in "The Battle of Brittain." I have a BF-109 that I am finishing that could be part of a display showing both planes.

The kit was purchased at Hobby-On http://www.hobby-on.com/1/32-scale/1/32-supermarine-spitfire-mk.ixc-aircraft-model/ for the lowest price of $100.98.

The kit has markings for three different aircraft. There are several manufacturers that carry alternative decals for the 1/32 Spitfire if you desire. With these three markings there are three different configurations to match. The customization options include wingtips, bomb racks, fuel tanks, air filters, exhausts, cowlings, wing bulges, rudders, wheels, gunsights, gun ports, and stabilizers. All of the flight surfaces can be moved due to hinges made from rod and photo-etch.

One of the revolutionary differences in this kit is the removable cowling held on by magnets. The cowling can be removed to show the full detail of the engine without losing the scale of the engine. The kit has a whopping 378 parts plus 2 sets of photo-etch. As you can see from the photo below is that there are a lot of parts that go into the set. Soon I will have posted the cockpit completed.

Cameron Corless

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Customer Comments

Steve, Sandy UT
"The help I received has been great they found the parts I needed for my scratch built model project. They had just the right electrical connector's I needed for the project. The service was great and I will not hesitate in the future to contact you for my model needs."

Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.XVIe

Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.XVIe
Buy Now! $126.21

About Us

This site is ran by the staff of Hobby-On.com and dedicated to the world of Hobbies. Here you can find product reviews and articles on various hobbies including: Radio Control, Plastic Model Airplanes, Model Trains, RC Cars, RC Planes and Boats.