Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Monday, May 9, 2011

Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.IXc Tam#60319 Part 2

It took me a while but I finally finished the cockpit. The only additions I have made are the wiring and placards. There are only a few things that Tamiya could have done better. I would like to see seat belts that are pre-painted as with Eduard. An oxygen hose was missing from the kit. I made an attempt to make one but instead I used the hose that is supposed to be connected to the pilot.




I was pleasantly surprised with the hinges in the kit. They were easy to use and worked well. One bit of advice when working on them is to add a little bit of glue on the photo etch so it does not move in the joint and does not pop back out. Make sure you trim the photo etch so it does not bind in the joint.
The rest of the build is going smoothly. The joints on the kit are near perfect. I will have to fix an error on my part by imprinting my finger print on the wing. That will take some time to repair. 


Next I will have the engine completed and am a bit apprehensive as I just finished a Verlinden engine that took too long to build. That puts me at step 43 out of 70.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Customer Comments

Steve, Sandy UT
"The help I received has been great they found the parts I needed for my scratch built model project. They had just the right electrical connector's I needed for the project. The service was great and I will not hesitate in the future to contact you for my model needs."

Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.XVIe

Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.XVIe
Buy Now! $126.21

About Us

This site is ran by the staff of Hobby-On.com and dedicated to the world of Hobbies. Here you can find product reviews and articles on various hobbies including: Radio Control, Plastic Model Airplanes, Model Trains, RC Cars, RC Planes and Boats.