Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Monday, May 2, 2011

F-15E Strike Eagle 336 FS Seymour Johnson AFB





Kit Used: Tamiya F-15E Strike Eagle 
TAM60302 Now Out Of Production
 New # TAM60312
Decals Out Of Box
Paint Testors Gunship Gray FS36118
Glue: Tenax 7R & CA

The kit:
This kit is not for beginners. It contains more that 400 Parts. Metal Landing Gear, real rubber tires, 2 pilot figures w/two different arm positions. Mk20 Rockeye Bombs, centerline fuel tank, 4 AIM 9 sidewinders, lantrin and navigation pods, Gun, open able Nose cone, and access panel, Detailed gun and bay. Detailed Cockpit And Detailed Afterburner Nozzles.

When I went to my First IPMS Contest In Las Vegas, NV. I saw a model of An F-15E Strike Eagle that just knocked my socks off. This model had all nose access Panels Open, Lights in the cockpit and Just was Awesome!!! He did place 1st in the Category. This model inspired me to build one somewhat just like it. At the time I couldn’t afford the nice Tamiya kit So I waited for my tax refund and bought one. When I opened the model I was just amazed at the level of detail and how many parts where in the kit. My First Tamiya Kit. After that kit I stopped buying the Monogram, Revell, and other cheap kits.

 I started building the kit in April 1998. When I finally finished the model was OCT 19th 1999, three days before the Gathering in Ogden, UT 1999. I was constantly attending Models contests but never placing 1st. When the judging was finished I was pleasantly surprised to find I took 1st in the 1/32 scale detail jet category. Wow that was Cool, finally I did it 1st place. I’ve not competed since. I am planning to compete in one of the Tamiya Cons here in the near future with my new F-15E I’m building now.

I’m currently finishing the Tamiya 1/32 Scale F-15C For the Show Con 2007(Formally The Gathering)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Customer Comments

Steve, Sandy UT
"The help I received has been great they found the parts I needed for my scratch built model project. They had just the right electrical connector's I needed for the project. The service was great and I will not hesitate in the future to contact you for my model needs."

Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.XVIe

Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.XVIe
Buy Now! $126.21

About Us

This site is ran by the staff of Hobby-On.com and dedicated to the world of Hobbies. Here you can find product reviews and articles on various hobbies including: Radio Control, Plastic Model Airplanes, Model Trains, RC Cars, RC Planes and Boats.